Just look at her there lying on her back not a care in the world. She seems oblivious to anything around her. Although in truth she is not. She licks her butt and her…….well other parts and then gives us all a big kiss! We deliver her food each evening and provide her with some attention and she seems pretty content with it all.
She destroys trees, bushes and gardens…..She kills plastic toys and pretty much anything else that she gets her teeth into. Yet we still love her…although I confess that for a few days, recently, we were not on speaking terms! A small issue about a flower pot being dragged all over our lounge and the spreading of soil everywhere.
Still there are days when I wish I were her…… I long, sometimes, not to have any responsibility and not having to worry about getting it wrong. I wish that sometimes I could approach that flowerpot and kill it because it seems like a good idea at the time. I want sometimes to run around with so much abandon that it makes me breathless and then run some more!
Why can’t I? I am not sure, but I am guessing that it is because I have not focussed on having fun. So, I have made some resolutions for this year. I am hoping that this will help me have some fun and gain a better perspective.
1) I will love my wife and my children with abandon
2) I will finish reading the 5 love languages book I started several months ago. Not because I need to or have to, but because I want to. I want to learn the languages of my loved one’s so that I can speak to them in ways that they understand.
3) I will get fit…..slowly and steadily
4) I will loose some weight….heaven knows we all want too
5) I will have fun this year……I will look for opportunity to have fun.
6) I will install PVR (a gift from my wife)…….so that I can record the shows I really want to watch and not spend hours surfing for shows because they are on.
I will look to my dog for guidance on having fun……I will run around the pool and jump in because I can. If I look like an idiot doing this well people you just look away okay!
So here’s to 2011! Here’s to fun!